What Is Howtonews.ru and Is It Harmful?Thoroughly seemingly legitimate, Howtonews.ru is actually a website related to redirect virus which is able to hijack your currently-used browsers like IE, Chrome and Firefox to its own website or others. This redirect virus usually makes use of BHOs (browser helper objects) and other channels to penetrate into your computer and then modifies your browser settings without any consent. Once your browsers are infected, it will means that some information about your online activities may be furtively collected by this redirect virus, for examples, how frequent you visit a website, how long you stay on a webpage, what you search, and even what you type in a banking-related website. As soon as the browser is hijacked, the junk files and useless cookies will leave inside the history record. It is really dangerous that this redirect virus stays on the infected computer for a long time.
By constantly redirecting browsers to Howtonews.ru, the redirect virus can increase the website traffic and allow the hackers to make a great profit. The hackers utilize this redirect virus to hijack browsers, collect search terms and boost traffic of their own website or other affiliated websites. Some search results offered by the search engine may have nothing to do with your search terms, and they will link to some websites which show you a lot of needless ads and other misleading messages. In addition, this redirect virus can install a malicious toolbar on the browsers and it is hard to remove it through conventional uninstall method. This redirect virus has no built-in uninstaller and it can deeply hide in the infected computer in order to evade detection and removal by antivirus programs. It is no doubt that Howtonews.ru redirect virus will do anything good in the infected computer, and you should remove it as soon as possible.
Note: Howtonews.ru is very dangerous and hard to remove from PC. The quicker you remove it, the better your PC performance will be.
Infected Symptoms:1 You are always redirected to unwanted websites and cannot get the expected information when using the web browser.
2 It runs in the background of the system and consumes lots of system resources, making your computer run extremely slowly.
3 The system can¡¯t detect the newly installed applications.
4 It can embed redirect information into your system files to send all of your search results where it wants you to go.
5 It can modify your default DNS settings and block your access to the websites that you want to visit.
6 Credit card numbers, passwords, pictures and other sensitive information are transmitted to unscrupulous people.
Get Failed to Remove Howtonews.ru Redirect By Antivirus Program?Generally, users will run their antivirus programs to perform a system scan when they suspect that Howtonews.ru redirect virus is on their computers; however, they would find no threats after spending lots of time to do the scanning. From this, users should realize that antivirus programs are not all-powerful. In some cases, they cannot detect and delete every kind of virus from the infected computer. The fact is that the number of viruses always increases rapidly and most antivirus programs don¡¯t have the information of the newly-created viruses in their data base. Moreover, this redirect virus is so canny that it will disable the security tools installed on the computer, so that it can evade detection and removal by the security tools. Thus, sometimes it seems not workable to use an antivirus program to remove the redirect virus from your computer ¨C in this case, you have to manually delete the malicious files and registry entries related to the redirect virus from your computer.
Howtonews.ru redirect virus is a nasty threat that is able to attack browsers including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Two of the most obvious symptoms of being infected by this redirect virus are that the default homepage is modified and browsers are always redirected to Howtonews.ru and some undesired websites. With this redirect virus inside, your computer will probably be attacked by other types of threats like adware, Trojan and spyware. In a word, this redirect virus slows down PC speed, disables important programs, blocks access to specific websites, and messes up browsers settings, and should be removed from the infected computer promptly.
Howtonews.ru browser hijacker removal guide:
Step1. Terminate the related processes immediately
1) Right click on the task bar and select Task Manager or press the Ctrl+Alt+Del or Ctrl+Shift+Esc composite keys to open Task Manage.
2) In the Windows Task Manager window, click on the Processes tab, find out all the related processes of the browser hijacker and disable them.
3) Exit the Task Manager window.
Step2. Remove the related program from the Control Panel
1) Click on the Start button and click Control Panel in the menu.
2) Click on the Uninstall a program link below the Programs.
3) In the showing programs list, search for the unwanted program that is associated with the redirect virus and highlight it then click on the Uninstall.
4) Next, follow the prompt to complete the uninstallation.
5) Once finished, refresh the list and find out if the browser hijacker has been successfully removed.
Step3. Clean Howtonews.ru from the browsers
1) Start the Internet Explorer, click on Tools in the menu bar then choose the Internet Options in the drop-down list.
2) Click on the Advanced tab in the showing window, then click the Reset button.
3) Restart the Internet Explorer.
1) Open the Mozilla Firefox, click on the Firefox menu. Locate the Help then click on the Troubleshooting Information.
2) In the showing Troubleshooting Information page, click on the Reset Firefox button and confirm the reset request.
1) Launch the Google Chrome and click on the Settings in the list.
2) In the Settings label page, click on Show advanced settings.
3) Click on Reset browser settings button.
Important Note: In case that you are not experienced in computer and afraid of making mistakes during the manual removal, you can search for and use an advanced removal tool which can help you remove the threat completely.